Skinny and Spicy (Tortilla soup)

Sometimes my appetite growls and that is not only my stomach. Sometimes it is my purse appetite for the latest Dooney and Bourke or that white leather Ralph Lauren I had to have.

Sometimes it is for shoes, leopard flats, is any wardrobe complete without them?  I can't imagine!

And sometimes it is the stomach, but then that perfect red trench won't fit if you keep feeding that appetite.

Soup, yes, soup, it is the easiest way to over indulge and still not be ashamed of yourself the next day.

Tortilla soup is one of my favorite 'go to' indulgences. I make certain to leave green onions, sour cream, cilantro, avocado, cheese and tortilla's as the add on's. This way you can have a little and taste so much!


Tortilla soup
5 chicken thighs, boiled in chicken stock ~approx. 20 ounces (slice when done, add back to pot )
3 chili peppers (dried ones that hang, just dump out the seeds before using)
3 cloves of garlic sliced
2 cups of water
2 bay leaves
2 cans of black beans, drained
1 can of corn drained
1 Tablespoon of cumin
1 Tablespoon of chili powder
1 tsp of paprika
¼ tsp of thyme
1 large can of Ro-tel tomatoes with green chili's (28 ounces I think?)
½ cup of heavy cream
2 oz of cream cheese
Handful of cilantro
4 shakes of Louisiana Hot sauce (or more, depending on spice)

Cook on medium to low for about 30 minutes, add the cream, cream cheese, and cilantro 5 minutes before finished.
Yum


Comments

Popular Posts