Day 6 .... Exercise

     I was recently reading about when the increase in our size took place and of course there are many thoughts of this from "low fat" products which increased sugar for flavor and people were feeling like they were hungry all the time, then there is the processed food industry, again, people are hungry for their body does not recognize what they are eating as nutritional. Then sugar free, with sweet substitutes, then I think there were larger portions. I say yes, all of the above and also, the lack of movement.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/04/look-how-quickly-the-us-got-fat-1985-2010-animated-map/274878/

     We as a generation do not have to walk as much, take stairs as often or even leave our desk.  For those of you who have already written your note cards, it was different then an email.  You actually had to leave to post, get the pen, paper, address, send it off and some of you may have experienced your hand hurting, quite different than typing :)

     Exercise, well, I am not sure the gym is the answer, though it is a wonderful place to go  if climate control is needed, equipment and some fun classes. But I think we need a daily routine.



     30 minutes or more each day of some activity, maybe yard work, cleaning, washing the car, walking to the corner store, walking to a friends house, walking your dog if you have one.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/information/20-everyday-activities-and-the-calories-they-burn.htm

     Cooking without all the gadgets, cleaning the kitchen when you are done. I think on top of actual exercise for muscles and toning and maybe even weight loss, moving around.  I was on my laptop one day, and I don't know how long I was on, but when I got up to get a drink of water, I did not walk straight my first few steps, in fact, I almost waddled and my legs had to get un-stiffened.  I am too young for that, by at least 20 years . Whats even more concerning is watching my kids do the same thing.  We need to move around more.

http://calorielab.com/burned/?mo=se&gr=05&ti=home+activities&q=&wt=150&un=lb&kg=68

Your search: "gr = Home activities" Change / Your weight: 150 lbs Change
Calorie burning activity15 min1 hour

Activity group: Home activities

?Carpet sweeping, sweeping floors
39156
?Cleaning, heavy or major, vigorous effort
Including washing car, washing windows, cleaning garage
34136
?Mopping
43170
?Multiple household tasks all at once, light effort
26102
?Multiple household tasks all at once, moderate effort
43170
?Multiple household tasks all at once, vigorous effort
51204
Walk/run, playing with animals, moderate, only active periods
51204
?Cleaning, light
Including dusting, straightening up, changing linen, carrying out trash
26102
?Washing dishes
While standing
2288
Walk/run - playing with child(ren) - moderate, only active periods
51204
?Walk/run - playing with child(ren) - vigorous, only active periods
68272
?Carrying small children
34136
     I of course believe you are more willing to, if you are eating real food.

Comments

Popular Posts