Not Busy Enough?

The Holiday's Are Upon Us....

The shopping is done, both food and gifts, the home is decorated, time to organized the table setting and choose the outfit of the day.

Odd to think I am done with the shopping.  I continue to check my list of people and stuff and I am done. Yet somehow I feel the need to continue to review?   I wonder if it is the excitement of the season or is it the thought of I forgot something or someone, or is it simply the constant advertisements online and the excessive traffic that makes me feel that if I am not a part of it I am missing out?  I am not quite sure, but there is nothing I need. So, I must settle into that peace.
I am needing to employ discipline in my settling.  I think for me if I do not have a craft or events along the way to fill what is perceived as a busy time or if I think I am not busy enough I may be forgetting something??? Am I feeling reminiscent of feeling rushed????




Baking and entertaining little by little.  I've separated my list into days so as not to make too much in one day or too far ahead to where it defeats the purpose of making it homemade and fresh.  I have adopted making day lists about 4-5 days before Christmas Eve.  This works quite well for me.



The rest is to be done on Christmas Eve day when we have guests. They have been invited to arrive 2 hours before so as to make some sauce, last minute morsels together and have a few refreshments. I found with Thanksgiving that it was such a treat for us all to cook together that I say Bring your Apron...
Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts