7 days, 7 new habits.

With the day moving as fast as it does for most of us whether we are at work, home, school , or holiday, time seems to have it's own agenda.

It is easier to take control over one area, one day at a time and by the end of the week you can have 7 new daily habits.

They say, (whoever the they are ?) That it takes 21 days for a habit to become automatic, however, it actually takes longer, about 66 days.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-clear/forming-new-habits_b_5104807.html

I have found that what helps me to form new habits is to also picture myself doing them, and being the person that lives their life that way, it helps break through some barriers. But habits do take repetition. The habits here are only repetitive in the sense that we are making our time more productive with simple things that make our lives more beautiful, fulfilling and kind to ourselves and those around us.

Day 1 for me : Salads.  My family loves salads and so do I, but sometimes those really pretty salads are saved for a special day or an occasion. I want a nice salad daily, yes, like the ones I see on Pinterest, why not?

My addition is a daily cold type of vegetable combo, or other, one for dinner and one for when ever someone else may desire. I have already added a macaroni salad into our weekly menu, the kind my husband grew up with in the 70's in a small town, it has peas and cheese, just like his Mama made.


Macaroni salad, mine is made with Miracle Whip, Less better than more. 
In addition to that, I am adding a layered salad for our dinner, the best part of a layered salad is that it can be made a day ahead if need be.  I usually have grape tomatoes but sometimes I have beautiful Capri tomatoes and when I use those, I just place them on the side before serving.

This layered salad, has tomatoes, red peppers, cukes, peas, cheese, and bacon, over 2 heads of Romaine




     

Comments

Popular Posts