Day 3, You do not get to interrupt yourself

     I know vacations are a great time to bond with family as well as enjoy exploring new sensations in unique locations.
 However, I believe sometimes they are most important because they teach us to put off doing things and enjoy ourselves and our loved ones first!!! At least for me.

      Sometimes it is difficult, I have caught myself catching up on things before I sit and enjoy myself. Don't get me wrong there is a place for that, but there is also a need to have a place for yourself.

     Vacations do that for you, but we cannot, nor would we really like to live on a vacation at all times.  So, my proposal for Day 3 is to practice and put in habit, not interrupting yourself. So when you are on the phone be on the phone completely present, when you are having your nails done, have them done and close your eyes for the massage, stay off your phone! When you are cooking, tanning, walking yourself and or a dog, reading, crafting or shopping or planning, do not interrupt yourself!!

      The dishes will wait, the text will wait. You are not always On Call.  Breathe, breathe again, do this 4 times, hold for 4 count and release slowly for a count of 8. Be mindful of yourself.

No one does it better than God. Absolute perfection!
I went shoe shopping today with a couple of friends, and just shopped. The salad I made for today was a radish salad.

Ingredients:
1 bunch of radishes, sliced thin
1 cucumber sliced long down the middle, then each half again, then cut, so in quarters.
4 strands of green onions,
2 Tablespoons of fresh dill or less if dried
1/8 cup of sour cream (can use yogurt instead, your choice)
Directions:
Mix it all up in a glass bowl, do not add any salt till you are ready to eat other wise it will become watery because the cucumbers will release more water in the presence of salt ( I say they are weeping) .  When you do salt use a good one that you like, I prefer Fleur de sel.















Comments

Popular Posts