Day 4 ...... Get a facial, massage, or something that is good for your body

     Day 4, I can't be the only one that sees the need to pamper my face in some way to reduce time's expression.

 I personally love my morning and evening routines, simple as they are. I am a soap and water kinda gal, and it is olive oil soap ( I have a fetish for soap, don't ask, I spend way too much and have a years supply).  I also see the need to exfoliate, whether you do it with vitamin A or C using RoC or you use a loofa (which you can grow by the way) or some sort of mild exfoliant (Murad the Jojoba one is amazing, or Clarins) make sure you do this at least twice a week. And gently too, no one looks good with a red face.


I also, like to use Rose water after I wash or exfoliate, and let it dry on it's own, it is lovely in the summer, then I use some spf cream (for the day), for me it is all about the smell and the naturalness of it. You may spend lots of money, or you may use extra virgin olive oil, or sweet almond, any of those are nice too, and lovely right after a shower, on tanned skin, beautiful.  Don't be afraid.... these oils soak right in, just try not to get them in your hair if you put them on right after a shower, I leave my skin a bit damp so it slides on much better.


A pedicure, whether you do your own or get one, just do it.
Massage, I swear by mine, I go once every 3 weeks. Never on the same day as my pedi, nor when I exfoliate, I consider those special too.

Living in Arizona has taught me to never underestimate what you put in your body to help with your skin. Hydrate, not just water, but fruit as well. If you don't think you like water, work on adding a half a cup a day till you reach 80 oz of water a day, mineral water counts, however, I would not count soda pop as part of that, nor coffee. I love my coffee, but I do not count it towards my water, since it is a diuretic.
Whatever it is that makes you feel pampered and or pretty, do one daily.  Yes, you have time, this can be done on the phone, with a child, as you are waiting on a load of laundry.  Be creative. :)
Freshly peeled and cleaned, seeds preserved for next season. Loofa. Best to grow your own, and change out frequently. They are a climbing plant so be prepared.  Ready to pick when they are lighter and crackly. Seeds are black when ready.  I like to cute mine in thirds so that I can hold in my hand easier, When dry just store in a freezer bag, and in a dark closet.

Comments

Popular Posts